2019 SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
University of Mississippi Music Building
All events are in Nutt Auditorium unless otherwise noted
Ticket Purchases for Dinners due Thursday, May 23 by 5 pm
*see event descriptions on Events page
THURSDAY, MAY 23, 2019
7:00 pm Tune-ups Party at Chancellor’s House on the Square (Ticket fee includes admission only – no food or drink included) $15
FRIDAY, MAY 24, 2019
10:00 am UM Blues Archive Tour with curator Greg Johnson (*free admission)
1:15 pm Guided tour of the UM Art Museum with curator Robert Saarnio (*free admission courtesy of the Museum)
2:00 pm Registration opens in Music Building foyer
3:00 pm Workshop with William McNally – Contemporary Approaches to Ragtime Composition $10
4:00 pm Workshop with Terry Waldo – Exploring the Music of Eubie Blake $10 *UM students/faculty/staff admitted free
6:00 pm New Rag Contest in Nutt Auditorium $15
8:00 pm Ragfest at Chancellor’s House including the impromptu Duet Contest (*Ticket fee includes admission only – no food or drink included) $15
SATURDAY, MAY 25, 2019
8:00 am Junior Contestant Draw followed by draw for Regular & Senior Divisions at 8:15 am (Rm. #153)
9:00 am Junior Division Contest $10
11:45 am Silent Movie Box Lunch with Adam Swanson $20 must pre-order! ✶ Purchase by 5 pm Thursday, May 23!
1:00 pm Regular & Senior Division Preliminaries $20
6:30 pm Dinner with the Guest Artists at the Chancellor’s House on the Square followed by the Old-Time Sing-along & Afterglow Party $40 MENU (**Save $10 and purchase the Dinner & Sing-along together for $45). ✶ Purchase by 4 pm Friday, May 24!
- 8:00 pm Old-Time Sing-along at the Chancellor’s House on the Square (*Ticket fee includes admission only – no food or drink included) $15
SUNDAY, MAY 26, 2019
9:00 am Workshop with Adam Swanson – Ragtime in Hollywood $10 *UM students/faculty/staff admitted free
10:55 am Worship Service at Oxford University Methodist Church with Julie McClarey, Bill Edwards & Adam Swanson
1:00 pm Regular Division Semi-Finals; Finals & Seniors’ Final $20
6:30 pm Southern Cuisine Dinner at Chancellor’s House followed by the Red, White & Blue Farewell Party $40 (**Save $10 and purchase the Dinner & Party together for $45). ✶ Purchase by 5 pm Thursday, May 23!
8:00 pm Red, White & Blue Farewell Party at the Chancellor’s House on the Square (*Ticket fee includes admission only – no food or drink included; FREE Admission for veterans!) $15
☞ 3 PURCHASE OPTIONS FOR 2019
1) ALL-EVENT TICKET: $245 Full-price $220 *if purchased by May 15 (SAVE $25 ) This package includes every contest, workshop and catered event.
2) DAY PASS: *NOTE: all catered events/excursions are NOT included in day passes and must be purchased separately as denoted by the ✶ symbol. Day passes are already discounted and are available for purchase at any time before or during the event. ➤Friday: $35; Saturday: $40; Sunday: $40
3) SINGLE TICKETS: Available for EVERY event at the door price listed above. Single-event tickets may be purchased on line or at the door. **Children 12 & under admitted to non-catered events at ½ price.
4) GROUP TICKETS: Groups of 8 or more receive a 50% discount per individual. Charter buses and shuttles from Seniors’ Homes & Churches can call ahead. (*catered events & excursions not included in discount)
➤Concessions available in the Music Building but no food or drink permitted in Nutt Auditorium.
➤2019 Contest T-shirts & caps available for sale in the hallway at $15 each.
Note: There is no advance purchase rate for single event tickets or day passes.
Purchase Tickets by Check
Checks should be made out to “University of Mississippi May Piano Contest.” Tickets will be waiting for you at the registration desk in Nutt Auditorium.
Ian Hominick, Art. Dir.
Old-Time Piano Playing Contest
University of Mississippi Department of Music
PO Box 1848
University, MS 38677-1848
➤ Event T-shirts & Caps are $15 each and will be available to purchase on line and on location while supplies last. You may pre-order T-shirts using our on line store or the mail order form on this page. Please indicate size and quantity when placing order. A limited number of children’ sizes available. Shirts will be waiting for you at the registration desk when you arrive.