2018 SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
University of Mississippi Music Building
All events are in Nutt Auditorium unless otherwise noted
*see event descriptions on Events page
THURSDAY, MAY 24, 2018
7:00 pm Tune-ups Party at the Oxford University Club on the Square (Ticket fee includes admission only – no food or drink included) $10
FRIDAY, MAY 25, 2018
- 10:00 am A narrated Double-decker Bus Tour & Tour of the UM Blues Archive (Bus leaves from the Band Circle outside Music Building) $20 ✶
- 12:00 pm Luncheon with Adam Swanson at the Oxford University Club on the historic Oxford Square $20 ✶ (**Save $5 and purchase the Bus Tour & Luncheon together for $35).
- 2:00 pm Registration Desk opens in Music Building foyer
2:30 pm Workshop with Perfessor Bill Edwards $10
3:30 pm Junior Contestant Workshop with Julie McClarey $10
6:00 pm New Rag Contest in Nutt Auditorium $10
7:30 pm Duet Contest at Oxford University Club followed by Ragfest (Ticket fee includes admission only – no food or drink included) $10
SATURDAY, MAY 26, 2018
- 8:00 am Junior Contestant Draw followed by draw for Regular & Senior Divisions at 8:15 am (Rm. 153)
- 9:00 am Junior Division Contest $10
11:30 am Silent Movie Box Lunch with Frederick Hodges Rm. #146 $20✶
1:00 pm Regular Division Preliminaries & Senior Division Contests $15
6:30 pm Dinner with the Guest Artists at the Oxford University Club on the Square followed by the Old-Time Sing-along & Afterglow Party $25 ✶ (**Save $5 and purchase the Dinner & Sing-along together for $30).
8:00 pm Old-Time Sing-along at the Oxford University Club on the Square (Ticket fee includes admission only – no food or drink included) $10
SUNDAY, MAY 27, 2018
9:00 am Workshop with Frederick Hodges $10
11:00 am Worship Service at Oxford University Methodist Church with Julie McClarey, Bill Edwards & Adam Swanson
1:00 pm Semi-Finals; Finals & Seniors’ Final $15
6:00 pm – Dinner on your own –
8:00 pm Red, White & Blue Bash at the Oxford University Club on the Square (Ticket fee includes admission only – no food or drink included; FREE Admission for veterans!) $10
☞ 3 PURCHASE OPTIONS FOR 2018
1) ALL-EVENT TICKET: $205 Full-price $175 *if purchased by May 15 (SAVE $30) This package includes every contest, workshop and catered event. The only thing not included is the T-shirt.
2) DAY PASS: *NOTE: all catered events or excursions are NOT included in day passes and must be purchased separately as denoted by the ✶ symbol. Day passes are already discounted and are available for purchase at any time before or during the event. ➤Friday, Saturday or Sunday: $30/day
3) SINGLE TICKETS: Available for EVERY event at the door price listed above. Single-event tickets may be purchased on line or at the door. Children 12 & under admitted to non-catered events at ½ price.
4) SENIORS’ GROUPS: Call to receive a group discount for charter buses and shuttles from Seniors’ Homes & Churches (*catered events not included in discount)
➤Concessions available in the Music Building but no food or drink permitted in Nutt Auditorium.
➤2018 Contest T-shirts available for sale in the hallway at $15 each.
Note: There is no advance purchase rate for single event tickets or day passes.
Purchase Tickets by Check
Checks should be made out to “University of Mississippi May Piano Contest.” Tickets will be waiting for you at the registration desk in Nutt Auditorium.
Ian Hominick, Art. Dir.
Old-Time Piano Playing Contest
University of Mississippi Department of Music
PO Box 1848
University, MS 38677-1848
➤ Event T-shirts are $15 each and will be available to purchase on line and on location while supplies last. You may pre-order T-shirts using our on line store or the mail order form on this page. Please indicate size and quantity when placing order. A limited number of children’ sizes available. Shirts will be waiting for you at the registration desk when you arrive.