2020 Contest Cancelled
University of Mississippi Music Building
All events are in Nutt Auditorium unless otherwise noted
*see event descriptions on Events page
THURSDAY, MAY 21, 2020
7:00 pm TUNE-UPS PARTY at Chancellor’s House on the Square (Ticket fee includes admission only – no food or drink included) $15
FRIDAY, MAY 22, 2020
12:00 pm LUNCHEON with 2019 Champion Paul Orsi at Chancellor’s House on the Square $30 ✶
2:00 pm Registration Desk opens in Music Building foyer
3:00 pm WORKSHOP with Sue Keller – The Music of Glenn Jenks $10
4:00 pm WORKSHOP with Tom McDermott – Afro-Cuban Rhythms in Early Jazz & Ragtime $10
6:00 pm NEW RAG CONTEST in Nutt Auditorium $15
8:00 pm PIANOPALOOZA at Chancellor’s House (*Ticket fee includes admission only – no food or drink included) $15
SATURDAY, MAY 23, 2020
8:00 am Draw for playing order – ALL contestants (Rm. #153)
9:00 am – 5:00 pm PRELIMINARY ROUNDS (Junior, Regular & Senior Divisions) $25
11:45 am SILENT MOVIE BOX LUNCH with four-time World Champion Adam Swanson $20 must pre-order! ✶
1:00 pm PRELIMINARY ROUND resumes
6:30 pm DINNER with the Guest Artists at the Chancellor’s House on the Square followed by the Old-Time Sing-along & Afterglow Party $37.50 (**Save $10 and purchase the Dinner & Sing-along together for $45). ✶
- 8:00 pm OLD-TIME SING-A-LONG at the Chancellor’s House on the Square (*Ticket fee includes admission only – no food or drink included) $15 NOTE: Champagne Reception available from 7-8 pm for those not attending the Dinner [add $5]
SUNDAY, MAY 24, 2020
10:55 am WORSHIP SERVICE at Oxford University Methodist Church with Adam Swanson, Sue Keller & Bill Edwards
1:00 pm SEMIS & FINALS: Regular Division Semi-Finals & Finals / Seniors’ Final $20
7:00 pm RED, WHITE & BLUE FAREWELL at the Chancellor’s House on the Square (*Ticket fee includes admission only – no food or drink included; FREE Admission for veterans!) $15
PURCHASE TICKETS on-line
☞ 3 PURCHASE OPTIONS FOR 2020
1) ALL-EVENT TICKET: $260 Full-price $220 * if purchased by May 15 (SAVE $40) This package includes every contest, workshop, the bus tour and both catered events.
2) DAY PASS: *NOTE: all catered events/excursions are NOT included in day passes and must be purchased separately as denoted by the ✶ symbol. Day passes are $40 FRIDAY; $35 SATURDAY; $30 SUNDAY and are available for purchase at any time before or during the event.
3) SINGLE TICKETS: Available for EVERY event at the door price listed above. Single-event tickets may be purchased on line or at the door. **Children 12 & under admitted to non-catered events at ½ price.
4) GROUP TICKETS: Groups of 8 or more receive a 50% discount per individual. Charter buses and shuttles from Seniors’ Homes & Churches can call ahead. (*catered events & excursions not included in discount)
➤Concessions available in the Music Building but no food or drink permitted in Nutt Auditorium.
➤2020 Contest T-shirts & caps available for sale in the hallway at $15 each. Previous years’ merchandise also available for sale along with contestant CD’s.
Note: There is no advance purchase rate for single event tickets or day passes. Pre-purchased all-event & day pass badges will be available at the door Thursday evening or at the registration table on Friday afternoon. Simply ask one of our workers when you arrive.
Purchase Tickets by Check
Checks should be made out to “University of Mississippi May Piano Contest.” Tickets will be waiting for you at the registration desk in Nutt Auditorium.
2020 WCOTPP Web Mail Order Form
Ian Hominick, Art. Dir.
Old-Time Piano Playing Contest
University of Mississippi Department of Music
PO Box 1848
University, MS 38677-1848
➤ Event T-shirts & Caps are $15 each and will be available to purchase on location while supplies last. You may pre-order T-shirts using our on line store or the mail order form on this page. Please indicate size and quantity when placing order. A limited number of children’ sizes available. Shirts will be waiting for you at the registration desk when you arrive.